This is a remote/hybrid friendly role.
Founded in 2009, Red Six Media is a nationally award-winning ad agency based in Baton Rouge, LA. Our mission is to bring out the best in brands and each other.
- Best Places to Work, Baton Rouge Business Report, 2019
- Best Places to Work, Baton Rouge Business Report, 2020
- Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company
- LSU100 Fastest Growing Business
- MOSAIC Award for diversity in advertising – American Advertising Federation – in 2020 and 2022
- 10 Telly Awards, 2022
- 10 ADDY Awards, 2022
Find out more here! https://www.redsixmedia.com
The Media Director oversees management of all traditional and digital media strategy and planning, placement and reporting, vendors and software; accountable for management of client expectations while ensuring that the media work is on strategy, on time and within budget. Supervises agency media programs while guiding and coaching media planning and buying efforts of internal team and 3rd party partners. The Media Director is responsible for directing all activities in the Media Department, including managing, supervising and mentoring the media team.
- Approve all media strategies, plans and flowcharts for all media clients.
- Set quality standards for the department and enforce adherence.
- Fosters innovative solutions.
- Identify short-term and long-term opportunities for department growth.
- Create visibility for the department through conferences and presentations; represent on professional associations and boards.
- Keep abreast of current trends and the latest technological advances.
- Aggressively pursue new ways to contribute to overall agency and client profitability.
- Participate in and support new business development with innovative media plans and tactics.
- Develop and implement organization’s media and marketing strategies.
- Confer with clients and agency account and creative staff to establish media goals, objectives, and strategies within media budget.
- Study demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences for print, broadcast, or online advertising.
- Negotiate advertising deals to ensure optimum use of budgeted funds and long-term contracts.
- Buy media space, commercial time, or site placement specified in approved media plans. Work with internal teams and vendors to facilitate traditional and digital media buys.
- Oversee media agreements and contracts with outside media vendors.
- Supervise media schedules and adjust broadcasting and online schedules due to program or site cancellations.
- Monitor media for placement and time discrepancies and negotiates adjustments to time, space, or billing when necessary.
- Research and maintains record of trends, innovations, and changes that affect media planning.
- Work with agency leadership to develop and administer department budget: salaries, media research source materials costs, vendors, etc.
- Evaluate and recommend latest media resources which better serve the agency and its clients.
- Professionally represent the agency Media department to clients, members of the agency, and to the media.
- Stimulate and challenge the Media Planners, Coordinators and Buyers to keep producing innovative and effective solutions for our clients.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of client’s business.
- Understand and utilize media research data.
- Supervise Media department.
- Conduct performance evaluations of the group.
- Maintain a good team spirit. Get along well with other staff members in all departments. Provide solutions and resources to projects through collaboration and teamwork.
- Be accessible to staff members.
- Be an effective role model for the team. Set the example. Work like you want and need them to work.
- Create a working environment that encourages and supports a positive mindset about the work, as well as the client and agency staff that is involved.
- Encourage and demonstrate unity behind team and agency decision-making. Use your leadership position to support senior management decisions and position with staff.
Client Relationships & Leadership
- Where appropriate, develop and build strong professional relationships with clients. Be mindful to be an ambassador of the agency.
- Convey confidence in yourself, the work, the Media department and the agency.
Analytical Ability/Strategic Thinking
- Think strategically about the business, develop business –building opportunities.
- Effectively problem-solve, generate innovative solutions.
- Analyze facts and arrive at sound conclusions.
- Interpret and use numerical data effectively.
- Effectively present and sell media work.
- Convey confidence and persuasiveness.
- Demonstrate energy and passion for the work being presented.
- Support positions professionally and tactfully, both internally and with client.
- Be well rehearsed.
- Prepare for the unexpected.
- Communicate clearly to others, written and verbally.
- Articulate ideas well and support positions effectively.
- Be solution oriented-when problems are presented, present solutions.
- Be resourceful.
Fiscal/ Administrative Responsibilities
- Time sheets – Enter time on a daily basis. Require same of group members.
- Expense reports – Turn in expense reports within seven days of expense.
- Follow all agency policies and procedures.
- 5+ years of digital media buying and planning experience
- 3+ years of management experience preferred
- Ability to execute digital campaigns across various platforms including but not limited to: Facebook/Instagram, Snapchat, Google Ads/YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and TikTok
- Experience leading with digital marketing teams to implement tracking pixels on landing pages and analyze Google Analytics reports
- Expertise in planning, buying and/or optimizing SEO, SEM, PPC, Geofencing, Retargeting advertising campaigns
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing digital and social analytics with an understanding of identifying key metrics and optimizing for them
- In-depth understanding of what makes for great advertising in all types of media
- Ability to problem solve and think quickly in response to unexpected situations
- Experience with a team of creatives preferred, including partnering with creative leads to strengthen and evolve our work into an end product that exceeds client expectations
- Ability to multitask and oversee a high volume of projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate with clients, creative leads and project managers to ensure all incoming needs are documented, delegated and scheduled correctly
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in fast-paced situations with clients and coworkers
- Must be able to work in a multi-discipline, collaborative environment and have a deep knowledge of digital media with the ability to discuss ROI of campaigns
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Simple IRA Retirement plan with employer match
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision/Disability
- Work in a historical downtown office surrounded by bars, live music and restaurants, all within walking distance
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks galore
- Continuing education via professional development courses and conferences
- Top-of-the-line computer setup
- Great co-workers and a fun work environment
- Free parking
Red Six Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, service member status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, or any other protected classification under applicable federal, state, and local laws.