Red Six Media is growing fast and our work is getting noticed across the Gulf South. We work hard, we work together and we enjoy the spoils of working in downtown Baton Rouge amidst great bars and restaurants. We’re looking to build our team with like-minded people who can do incredible work for our team and our clients.
We are seeking an experienced Interactive Director to oversee all web related projects on behalf of our clients and work closely with our designers, copywriters, account managers and freelancers to coordinate and execute award-winning digital solutions. The role combines several disciplines: client/project/vendor management, oversight of web design and development, content management and domain/website hosting management.
The ideal candidate is flexible, well-organized, keeps up with the latest web trends and technologies and is not afraid of leading a client presentation. Agency work can be fast-paced, so experience in determining requirements. conceptualizing, planning and managing digital projects to client specifications, on time and within budget, is a must.
A portfolio of work and a minimum of three professional references are required.
- Manage the design and development of all digital deliverables: websites, microsites, landing pages, email templates, etc.
- Work with the account team to meet with potential clients, scope projects and draft proposals
- Manage the Senior Web Developer
- Prepare sitemaps, requirements documentation, feature lists and wireframes
- Develop relationships with, engage services of, and manage third-party contractors where necessary
- Identify and head off “scope creep” before it becomes an issue
- Prepare CMS training guides and provide client trainings
- Manage ongoing client web support issues, requests and maintenance
- Manage all agency-owned hosting and domain registrations
- Manage the Red Six Media website
- Assist with agency IT solutions, coordinating with IT contractors where necessary
- Identify and implement new digital offerings and revenue streams for the agency
- Work with leadership to audit current digital processes and offerings and implement streamlined strategies
- 2-4 years’ experience in a digital project management role, with examples of previous work
- Familiarity with major front-end and back-end coding languages
- Strong web background (design and/or development)
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of multiple CMS platforms (WordPress, Craft, etc.)
- Digital planning, wire framing and site mapping
- Eye for aesthetics with a focus on UI/UX
- Ability to brainstorm creative strategy and then pivot to implementation
- Ability to adapt a project as necessary when requirements change
- Ability to work independently, plugging in team members and freelancers as needed
- Ability to explain web concepts to non-tech clients and team members
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with email marketing, e-commerce and AdWords campaigns
- Previous ad/marketing agency experience
- Collaborative team environment/culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Simple IRA Retirement plan with employer match
- Work in a newly built-out, historical downtown loft office surrounded by bars, live music and restaurants
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks galore
- Top-of-the-line computer setup
- Free parking